Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting in the Snow and Cold.

Today I had to babysit a WONDERFUL nine year old named Josie. She is crazy and excited and keeps me on my toes. She is one of the two girls I babysit. The rest are boys.... anywho... After picking Josie up from school today, after taking a wrong turn to pick her up, the poor thing had a TON of stuff she was carrying with her. So I had to run around Jeepy to let her in. She cracks me up! Well finally I get her home, and much to my dismay Annie the dog was outside. All I could think about was the fact that poor little Annie had been outside all day long in the cold!
So Josie yells "Amanda, get the garage door open, I'll go get Annie" I agreed. So, Annie is being taken care of, and I thought that maybe Josie got in the front door, so I went around because I couldn't get the code to work! Josie, poor thing, attempts to open the door and says "wait, I'll run around the house" Now let me paint this picture for you.... I have a nine year old running around the house, a code that I can't get to work and then a dog that's waiting for me anxiously to get inside. It's quite a sight!!! Alas, due to much persistence... I got the code to go in and we were safely warm inside the house, and Annie was knocked out cold in her doggie bed within 15 minutes.
After about 10 minutes of being in the house, Josie says that we should have a drawing contest. I can't draw to save my life. So my "bunny" turned out to look more like a peep who has decided to mate with a pig. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. It was quite hilarious. Josie's looked like a sheep... it nowhere near resembled a bunny... but it was fun.
Meanwhile, while we were coloring, their greyhound 4 year old black dog named Dolche decided to poop on the floor. It smelled HORRIBLE, so guess who got stuck cleaning it up! That's right.. ME, THE BABYSITTER!!! hahaha.
Well, it got a little later in the day, Josie was playing on the computer and I was zoned into the Disney Channel which is always on when I watch her, I feel asleep and took a little nap. Not meaning to... it just kinda happened. It scared me because she was in the exact same spot... with the exact same show... underneath a very comfortable blanket that she thought would be good to cover me with.
Now, I am home... underneath another blanket. Watching a crazy interesting show "My strange addiction" it's crazy. This girl eats soap to calm down... Some people do some crazy things!
Well I hope you enjoyed another installment of my crazy life!!! However, I LOVE IT! Oh, How I love It!

1 comment:

  1. too funny about the running around the house! i could so picture that too lol.

    ReplyDelete