Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My life is so random!!

I'm a YoungLife Leader here in Owensboro and I recently decided to take on the GINORMOUS responsibility of being the team leader for Apollo High School. With great power comes great responsibility!! Yes, I know, super hero reference. ( I am a nanny for 3 boys...)

So with that I went to the school today for lunch. Lunch was terrible. We've all heard of #ThanksMichelleObama (If you haven't.. google it.) The lunches I saw made me laugh and get grossed out all at the same time. It's pretty hilarious. The thing that never ceases to amaze me, is how "cool" I am now, compared to the dorky, annoying, church loving, teenager I was back in High School who stood behind her older brother hoping that proximity would make me part of the cool kids.. It didn't happen. BUT NOW! It's all different... I am the cool kid, I am the person that everyone wants to be around and it's so strange, and I'm not sure I like it! LOL. Anyway, I love being a YL leader.

SO... I get done hanging out with some kids who all ate lunches that I laughed at... and I leave to go eat my very own lunch. I'm on a health kick... which is kicking me more than I'm kicking it! I went to get some lunch and then I had this great, great, GREAT, idea that I should spend the free 40 minutes I have cleaning out the van!!!! Yeah, so I knew full well that I am not supposed to wash the van. I have been told by the family I work for, not to wash the van because paint is chipping and it looks bad, and one time I was with all of the kids and the side runner of the van... fell off. From then on I agreed not to go through a car wash. Note, not go through. So I'm at this place where you can vacuum out your vehicle for $1. It will get you 4 minutes. Well I love me a good race! So there I went, raging a war between the cheerios and smashed granola bars, after I emptied a dumpster full of to-go cups and granola bar wrappers. I get done (It took me 8 minutes) and I see this beautiful self-serve car wash. SO.. I think to myself... Oh, I'll just spray it down. I spray it, and guess what?! IT'S SOAPY! So I have soap all over my van, I.. try to get water, not soap, to come out, and I can't. I run out of money, which first  machine only took dollars, so I take my soap filled van into another stall to rinse it off put the two dollars in, in quarters and it wouldn't turn on. So I am left with the decision to drive with a soapy car, or go through the... dun.. dun.. dun.. car wash.

All of this made me late for pick-up at school...

BUT. the van is semi-clean. SO... that's good, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment